Wednesday, June 13, 2007

my kids

I forget where I read this, but someone described parenting as 'taking your heart out of your body and letting it walk around on two legs'. Or six, if you have three kids. Or four legs and a couple of knees if one of those three kids can't walk. Or four tires if none of them is walking and they are driving in a car.




































































Anyways... Bobbi-Jo is taking the kids up to her parents for a week and a half and then we are meeting them at the outer banks. Always makes me nervous. Jason asked if I was sad after they left. I was sad when I found out they would be gone for a week and half. I've decided to get over sad and embrace freedom from responsibility, but I'm still a little nervous.

On another note, I was recently praying with the boys and Michael asked me who God is and then where He is. How do you explain that stuff to a four year old? Maybe a future theologian.

7 Comments:

At June 13, 2007 10:07 PM, Blogger Danielle Paxton said...

cool kids. look forward to getting to know them

 
At June 14, 2007 8:14 AM, Blogger Sam Ed. said...

UH OH...Jeff's gonna be crazy this week!

 
At June 14, 2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Meg said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 27, 2007 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff you have been tagged. Check out my blog!

 
At June 28, 2007 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/baldandbeautiful

 
At June 28, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger jeff said...

kids are safely at the beach, weird seeing them after such a long break. they seem old, esp michael...

aleisha, i don't know abou this whole tagged thing, i'll take a look...

i don't get this last comment but i think 'anonymous' just called me beautiful... thanks, i think...

 
At July 29, 2007 3:02 PM, Blogger hedrog said...

Saw great photos of the kids...Looks like Abigail is ruling the Edenton Street Castle...Is she beautiful or what...Siding is off.....Oh no,now what...Don't remember that great tree in front of the house....Very boring here on Ivy Lane....Come see us....Love & miss you guys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home