Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I really want a twinkie...




Seriously. Haven't had a twinkie in a long, long time but decided this afternoon that's gonna change.

I was even late picking my kids up from a friend's house (Bobbi-Jo's at work) because I stopped by Kroger to get some. They were out. On top of that, I asked a guy who worked there where I could find the twinkies and he said, 'What?', revealing that he had never before experienced this delicacy. Amazing. I'm all for immigration. We're all from somewhere else and that's what makes America great. But there ought to be a rule that you have to eat a twinkie on your way into the country.

So I have to wait a few more hours until my wife gets home unless someone is so inclined to bring me over some twinkies...


Oh, and the surgery went great...

6 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the state fair is in town...don't you want to get a deep fried twinkie...covered in confectioner's sugar... ummmm...gooood......ummmmmmm....gooood.
and on a convenient stick, so you can enjoy all the goodness and never have to lick a finger...yeahhh...oh twinkie...come to me!

 
At October 18, 2006 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you.

 
At October 18, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Shannon Smith said...

I am on the way to work. Well, actually I am on my way to play in an inner tube water polo game, then I am going to work. Maybe I will drop some off by your house.

Davo, I got Daniel on my ITWP team.

 
At October 18, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Sam Ed. said...

Jeff...you're alive...what?

 
At October 18, 2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA twinkie . . . . mmmm that sounds great and I just ran a 5K for work on our fitness day. (also got first place woo hoo) But man a twinkie sounds great right now!!

Have you ever tried a frozen twinkie?

Glad you are doing so wonderful after the surgery!!!!

 
At October 18, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger jeff said...

YES! Someone dropped off a box of twinkies and left them in the door... although there is one missing from the box :)


Davo, good to hear from you. come back.

Shannon, best of belated luck in your inner tube water polo game

SamEd, yes, it's true

Megs, congrats! (2 of the 5 of you have mentioned work-related sporting events... i'm jealous) never tried a frozen twinkie (or a deep fried, anonymous) but I will in about 5 hours. i'll let you know what i think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home