Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

A couple of weeks ago we were thinking about not having a Christmas Eve service at night because it didn't seem like we'd have many people there. Glad we changed our minds. Real simple, but a great service, I think. This sounds strange, because I spoke, but the service really got to me. I felt real grateful that Jesus was born and I get to know Him.

Not that this is about me, but this has been a great Christmas season for me. Sometimes I just get tired of Christmas because it's so commercial. Maybe it's because this has been such a crazy year, maybe it's because my kids are at a real fun Christmas age, or maybe I'm excited to be alive post-OHS, but this season and tonight's service would definitely be my most memorable Christmas in a long time. We had some friends over after the service for dinner and I didn't want people to leave (not saying I normally do want people to leave, but you know what I mean). Just great to hang out with friends.

Our neighborhood did the luminary thing too. I don't know why we do this. When I was a kid we did it and I figured it was so Santa Claus could find my house. Whatever the case, it looked awesome. I drove around for about 15 minutes late tonight just looking at them. They look even better when you turn your lights out. Everything's so peaceful.

Well, Merry Christmas... here's hoping you have the peace of Christ in your heart and in your life tonight. Thanks for being a part of our lives.

5 Comments:

At December 25, 2006 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas to you, and I hope your family has the most beautiful christmas!!!! :)

 
At December 25, 2006 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could've spent the night. You should've just told us that you didn't want us to leave. We had good time at the after-party. We had a lot of fun playing with the boys.

Hope you guys have fun in PA. See you when you get back.

 
At December 25, 2006 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

My parents neighborhood also does the luminaries, I walked my doggie around last night after dinner looking at them go up and down the hills in the neighborhood, very beautiful.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

 
At December 25, 2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great neighborhood isn't it! Hate that I missed yesterday, we were doing some family stuff. Merry Christmas!

 
At December 26, 2006 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to seeing you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home