Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God


Ok, if you know me, you know how much I love my boys and I love the fact that when Bobbi-Jo works I get to stay home with them, but they're driving me up one wall and down the other today. Since they got up they've either been whining, fighting, or doing something I've asked them not to do (except that Michael actually pooped on the poddy... but even then he clogged it up). It's been a pretty frustrating day.

I have a tendency to over-spiritualize stuff on my blog, but I really do wonder if God gets as frustrated with me as I do with my kids. I have trouble resolving God's wrath in Scripture. It seems like He loses it sometimes and I don't envision God like that. Maybe I have trouble understanding His anger because I have trouble expressing my own. Who knows.

On a brighter side, I have a really sweet beard (my family hasn't seen my beard yet). And I had a kickin' omellete for lunch. Chopped up and sauteed some beer-boiled bratwurst from last night along with some onions (until they were carmelized), and threw that in an omellete with some shredded cheddar/monterey jack. Dang! For someone from Wisconsin it doesn't get better than beer, bratwurst and cheese.

6 Comments:

At March 26, 2006 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was comparing the picture of you with a beard with the your profile picture. i can't decide which of them i like better; which of them makes you look younger and/or less scary.

you look a bit unhappy in the picture of you and the boys--that or you beard hides the corners of your smile.

today my brother asked me why you have the beard--at first they didn't even recognize who you were on stage.

 
At March 27, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a beard like that, your next post should be entitled:

"Wal-mart in the hands of a protesting jeff."

Please include at least one story of picketting a Mink Coat sale.

 
At March 27, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I'm not quite sure what you're going for with the beard, but I must admit to being a bit envious that you can grow one so full. It is looking good.

I think I've learned the most about God's love through owning a dog and having a child. The dog showed me what worship is supposed to look like. No matter what happened I was still the center of his world and he treated me as such.

My daughter tells me that God must get frustrated with us. I'm thankful for the breastplate of righteousness that protects us from the wrath we certainly deserve. It's interesting that you titled this entry as you did as I think that sermon is a great reminder of just how thankful we should be every day for God's saving and sustaining grace.

I have a friend from Wisconsin who taught me the proper way to prepare brats. Your omelette sounds fantastic!

 
At March 27, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger jeff said...

I'm not sure why I have this beard either, but I can't bring myself to shave it. I love my beard. Someone referred to it as a 'hippie beard' yesterday. Someone else told me it was like a pet and I needed to feed it a sandwich.

 
At March 29, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger jeff said...

my mom just posted on my blog... sweet! i don't look happy because i wasn't, they were driving me crazy. it wasn't 'sinners in the hands of a happy god'.

 
At March 30, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Jason said...

All you need is some White Russian dripping off it and you've got a good "Dude" beard as in The Big Lebowski.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home