Saturday, November 19, 2005

Coach Class Blues


I was on an airplane the other day and saw something that communicated a message I couldn't put in words.

I've only flown first class one time. My wife and I were going to Vegas for our anniversary and a friend at the airline upgraded our tickets. I didn't think it would be that much better than coach, but first class rocks! I get why people want to sit up there. What I don't get is the little curtain between first class and coach. It serves no purpose except for us commoners to not be able to see the party that's going on up there. It doesn't block out any sound and it doesn't block any light.

Then the other day I'm on an airplane and realize that the curtain on this particular plane was mesh... you could see right through it. I might start carrying my digital camera with me because I needed a shot of that (I found the above image on the internet). Am I missing it, or is the message simply, "There's a difference between you and me, and we're much more important?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home